Thursday, October 2, 2008

And the Vice-Presidential debate winner is...

Wow, good debate. Governor Palin didn't stink like she did in the Couric interviews, which was great for Senator Biden. It allowed him to be his best and he was able to avoid looking like a bully. The moderator was extremely fair. I chose to watch the debate on CNN, where it was interesting to see the real-time opinion of thirty-some Ohioans displayed on the television via a graph measuring audience mood during the discussion.

I feel Biden won the debate, but Palin restored her previously held position as a scrappy soccer, er, hockey mom. She was full-on folksy tonight, for sure, ya know. Couple of winks in there, too. The debate reaffirmed my opinion that I'd rather see Biden stepping into the presidential shoes over Palin. Joe Biden is well spoken, able to make his point, and has the wealth of knowledge and experience to assist Barack in his Presidency. He did his job well, connecting McCain to Bush, and making the case that an Obama/Biden ticket will do more for main street America than McCain/Palin.

Right now the pundits are sorting out the factual content, and I'm sure by morning the news will have some polls to let us know who prevailed. The voices that will count most will be those of the independents. For me, this was a wonderful affirmation that Obama made a great choice in Biden. What a great ticket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a refreshing place to land after just hearing Palin's latest attack on Obama..."He pals around with terrorists". Said with that cute little tight-lipped smirk she delivers these things with. The crowd went wild! Seeking solace, I came to check on the Platte County Democrats and Doggone it, I'm feelin' fine!
Thanks for this...I'm going to put something up on Wheaterville pointing folks over here...someday I'll have a little place where I can list Links I Like on there. Until then, I'll give you a Shout Out.
Great Blog!Thanks for being around!

Check out the Glendo Shadow on www.wheaterville.com if you have a chance. He's throwing some questions out and it'd be really nice to have some sane people (ie, folks like me :) ) answering instead of all whackos.

Platte County Democrats said...

Thanks Ace! I left my comments over on wheaterville.com. Check'em out, and stop in again!