Thursday, October 2, 2008

Why is Cynthia Lummis Running for Congress?

From the homepage of Cynthia Lummis' Website, I have taken the liberty to play the role of Gary Trauner in composing a rebuttal to Cynthia's interest in running for congress (my responses are in red):

Cynthia's Top 6 Reasons for Running for Congress
1. Because I love Wyoming; our state and its people represent a uniquely wonderful corner of the world. I completely agree, me too.

2. Because I am an idealist and an optimist; I think that public service can make a difference. Hey, so am I! I have great ideas about health care, green energy and especially taking care of our vets and soldiers. After all, haven't our military men and women provided the greatest service to our country? I 'm optimistic that I can help turn this country back around after having been under the Bush regime for eight years.

3. Because this is a challenging time, both here and abroad. Challenges, to me, are a call to service. Things have only become worse from the time I ran for congress in 2006. While Republican Barbara Cubin accumulated the worst voting record in congress, the last two years have brought us even more challenges. Challenges like the national debt, the further occupation in Iraq, the meager attempts to diminish our dependency on foreign oil. Gosh, where have those challenges come from? Oh, yeah. From the Republicans. Yeah, I am up for challenges, too.

4. Because the Federal government has always had, and continues to have, a big influence on the shape of Wyoming's future; Wyoming's voice in Congress needs to be strong and authentic. I'm pretty sure I act strong and authentic. For instance, I would never have a member of my election team call in to a question and answer session and pretend they are someone else to try and trip up my opponent. I would feel bad about doing something like that.

5. Because how we address the matters of energy, the environment, national security and the economy today, directly affects our children's future. Yeah, the Republicans have always been about the environment, haven't they. Alaskan wilderness. Spotted Owls. Global Warming. Nature freaks, that's what they are. Spending billions in Iraq, all the while creating more disdain for the United States globally, I agree are definitely affecting our children's future. In a bad way.

6 .Because I listen, and will continue to listen, to Wyoming people in order to most effectively represent their interests in Washington. I'm going to listen to all the people in Wyoming, including Democrats, Independents, and Republicans. Because I'm not about serving the party line. I'm about making a difference, and leaving this world a better place for the next generation.

With apologies to Mr. Trauner; who I'm sure would say these things more eloquently than me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there when Cynthia Lummis was one of the top three contenders for Craig Thomas's seat (won by JOhn Barasso). Anyone could throw their name into the ring, and of course anyone did. The field went from 28 I think, to 10, to 5 to 3 to 1. My impression of Lummis was that she was the most devisive of any of the 28...a Republican Party Puppet. I'm on her mailing list, so I read all the stuff her campaign churns out and I continue to be shocked by her negative attitude about the Democratic party. I dunno...somehow I don't see "I live on my family ranch" as a great reason to vote someone in as our sole rep. But then proximity to Alaska as "foreign policy experience" is lost on me too...
Let's get some Trauner signs up around Wheaterville!!!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!